Brisbane residents can benefit from air-conditioner cleaning and maintenance services that help to improve indoor air quality. A properly functioning air conditioning unit helps to keep a home or office comfortable in the summer and winter months, but if the system is not regularly cleaned or maintained, allergens, bacteria, and other pollutants can build up over time. Air-conditioning cleaning and maintenance services can help protect your health by eliminating harmful environmental pollutants and allergens. For affordable AC cleaning service, check out, Electrodry aircon cleaning service in Brisbane today!
Why Is Indoor Air Quality So Important?
Indoor air quality is one of the most important topics for anyone who wants to live healthily and enjoy a good quality of life. Poor air quality can cause respiratory problems, be a trigger for allergies, and increase the risk of asthma attacks. Pollutants in indoor environments can also affect people’s health through their contact with environmental surfaces or by entering the body through the skin. The Australian Thoracic Society (ATS) has summarized the potential health hazards of indoor air pollution as follows:
- Increased risks of cancer
- Reduced lung capacity
- High frequencies of asthma attacks and other respiratory problems in children
- Reproductive severe health problems in both women and men
- Lower birth weights in infants born to mothers living in homes with high levels of indoor air pollution
The 3 Benefits Of Air-Conditioner Cleaning
Like most people, you probably don’t think much about your air conditioner until it stops working. But did you know that regular air-conditioner cleaning can improve efficiency and prolong lifespan?
Here are three benefits of air-conditioner cleaning that you may not have considered:
- Cleaner Air – One of the main benefits of air con cleaning is that it can improve the air quality in your home. Over time, dust and dirt can build up on the coils of your air conditioner, which can then be circulated back into your home. This can cause respiratory problems, especially for people with allergies or asthma.
- Lower Energy Bills – Another benefit of air-conditioner cleaning is that it can help lower your energy bills. When your air conditioner is clogged with dirt and dust, it has to work harder to cool your home, which uses more energy and raises your utility bills.
- Prolonged Lifespan – Finally, regular air con cleaning can prolong your air conditioner unit’s lifespan. When dirt and dust build-up on your air conditioner’s coils, it can cause the unit to overheat and break down prematurely. By keeping your air conditioner clean, you can help it last longer.
So, there you have three benefits of air-conditioner cleaning that you may not have considered. Regular air con cleaning is essential for the quality of the air in your home, your unit’s efficiency, and your air conditioner’s longevity.
Expert Tips On Keeping Your Air-conditioning Unit In Great Shape
As the weather gets warmer, you’ll rely on your air-conditioning unit more and more to keep your home cool and comfortable. Follow these expert tips to keep your AC unit in great shape all season.
- Schedule annual maintenance – Like your car, your AC unit needs regular tune-ups to run efficiently. Schedule a professional inspection and cleaning every spring to ensure everything is in working order.
- Change your air filter – A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder than it needs to. Check and replace your air filter every month or more often if you have pets or live in a dusty area.
- Keep it clean – Keep the area around your AC unit free of debris, such as leaves and dirt. This will help ensure good airflow and prevent your unit from overworking.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late – If you notice your AC unit isn’t cooling your home as well as it used to, don’t wait until the middle of a heat wave to call for service. Schedule a repair as soon as possible to avoid being left in the heat.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your AC unit running all summer smoothly long.
Expert Tips On Keeping Your Air-conditioning Unit In Great Shape
No matter how well you maintain your air-conditioning unit, it is likely that at some point, it will need servicing. Here are four tips to keep your AC unit running smoothly and save you money on repairs:
- Check the Air Filter Regularly – One of the quickest ways to save on air-conditioning repairs is to keep your filter clean. A dirty filter will cause your AC unit to work harder, leading to damage or even a breakdown. To clean your filter, open the window and use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to sweep the filters and cloth into a dustbin. Make sure to replace the filter every month or when it becomes obstructed.
- Check for Blowing Cold Air Out of the Ventilation Unit – If cold air is blowing out of the ventilation unit, there may be a clog in the system. This can be remedied by using a plunger to clear out any obstructions and then blowing out the unit with your asthma inhaler or compressor. If this does not clear the obstruction, have an expert service your AC unit.
- Check for Leaks, and Suction Holes – Leaks in your AC unit can lead to a decrease in efficiency and an increase in your energy bill. To check for leaks, open the window and look for any moisture or condensation on the unit. If you see any, use a hairdryer to dry the area and then apply a sealant to the leak. The leak may come from the suction hole if you cannot find it. To check this, put your hand over the hole and feel for any air coming out. Cover the hole with tape or a finger, and then have an expert service your AC unit.
- Check the Thermostat – If your AC unit is not cooling the room as it should, the thermostat may be set too high. To lower the thermostat, turn the knob to the left. If the unit is still not cooling the room, there may be a problem with the unit itself, and you should have an expert take a look at it.
If you’re looking for a high-quality split system air conditioning installation or cleaning service, you can count on the professionals at Eletcrodry Aircon Cleaning. We have years of experience in the industry and our team is passionate about providing top-notch customer service. We understand that your air conditioner is a big investment, so we’ll make sure it’s installed or cleaned properly the first time. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Tips To Improve The Air Quality In Your Home
If you have asthma, decreased lung function, or other respiratory problems, it’s important to improve the indoor air quality in your home to protect your health. There are a few easy steps you can take to improve the air quality in your home:
- Replace outdated air filters – A high-quality air filter will help remove pollutants and allergens from the air, improving the air quality in your home. Replacing your old filter every six months will help keep your home clean and healthy.
- Vacuum regularly – Not only will vacuum rid your home of dust and dirt, it will also help reduce particle concentrations in the air. Disable the exhaust fan on your vacuum cleaner if you have asthma or other respiratory problems to avoid high particle levels in the air.
- Avoid using candles and open flames – Smelling candles create tiny particles that can damage your lungs, especially if you have asthma or other respiratory conditions. Open flames, such as those used in grills and barbecues, also emit harmful pollutants into the air.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector and get instruction on how to use it – If you’re in an upstairs bedroom or another area where gas is piped in, you may be at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. A carbon monoxide detector will alert you to the presence of carbon monoxide in your home so you can take steps to avoid exposure.
Does air conditioning improve indoor air quality?
The short answer to this question is that air conditioning typically does not improve indoor air quality. The main reason is that the machines used to cool and humidify spaces often emit pollutants, including harmful chemicals like formaldehyde and ozone. In addition, these machines can also cause moisture levels in an area to increase, leading to issues like mould growth and bacteria infiltration.
How can I improve my AC air quality?
AC air quality can be improved by using an air conditioner filter, using a filter controller to adjust the air conditioner’s speed and volume, and opening windows when conditions permit.
What are four practices to use to improve air quality?
- Reducing air pollution from automobiles: One way to reduce air pollution is by reducing the number of automobiles on the road.
- Cleaning up power plant emissions: Another way to reduce air pollution is to work to clean up power plant emissions.
- Plant diversification and Land Use Changes: Other ways to improve air quality include plant diversification and land use changes.
- Improving forest management practices: One more way to reduce air pollution is by improving forest management practices.
What are the five tips for better indoor air quality?
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter.
- Vacuum and dust regularly.
- Change your air filters regularly.
- Keep your home well-ventilated.
- Use natural cleaning products.
Why is AC cleaning important?
If your home is unbalanced, the electrical currents running through it can cause problems like new wires coming loose and sparking or the wiring in a switchboard becoming insulation-tight and creating spots where current flows more freely. AC cleaning can help identify and fix these issues before they lead to more significant problems.
Why is it essential to clean AC filter?
The air conditioning system collects dust and other polluting particles as it moves air through the unit. These particles can cause serious health problems if they are inhaled. A clean air conditioner filter will remove these pollutants, keeping your system in good working order and protecting you and your family from potential health hazards.